For some of you parents, choosing baby names is easy – you already have a list of names they want to use. For others, however, finding just the right name can be a painstaking affair. Moms and Dads have different reasons for the names they want for their children. For some it important to use names that is reflective of their heritage. Others may want to go with the most popular names at the time – while still others want names that have a particular meaning… And then there are those who want really unique names for their offspring. Whatever your reason for selecting a particular style of name, finding help is just a matter of visiting your library.
Baby Name Books in Your Library
Your local library can be a great source of baby name books. Five baby name books you may find in your local library are:
- The Baby Name Wizard: A Magical Method for Finding the Perfect Name for Your Baby by Laura Wattenberg : Broken down into two main sections, this book is a must have when it comes to finding the perfect name for your baby. Not only does it give names and meanings with variants, it also lists names that would be suitable for siblings as well.
- The Complete Book of Baby Names by Lesley Bolton: With over 100,000 names, this book has meanings as well as origins. With that many names, it is not surprising that some of the names may seem over the top, but even these will appeal to some parents.
- African-American Baby Name Book by Theresa Norman: For those parents who want to give a name indicative of their heritage this book has over 10,000 names ranging from African and Muslim names to common names in the African-American community. The book offers information on alternative spellings, which many parents will like as they add a unique spin to their child’s name. The meanings and origins of the names and why a particular name may be suitable for your baby are included.
- Baby Names Made Easy: The Complete Reverse-Dictionary of Baby Names by Amanda E. Barden: Many parents like giving their children names that have meaning. This book not only gives the meanings of names, but the organization also helps to make it a fun read.
- The Baby Name Bible: The Ultimate Guide by America’s Baby Names Experts by Linda Rosenkrantz and Pamela Redmond Satran: For anyone wanting to find a listing of names with information on which is most popular, this book is it. The book is broken down into sections that make it easy to find names that fit a particular need such as celebrity baby names.
Of course, these are just a handful of the many books available on baby names. A search of your library will reveal lots more. For example, the Bible Names for Your Baby by Joy and Paul Gardner is a good source for parents who are Christians.Decoded Pregnancy
Pages: 1 2